Saturday 20 July 2013

Getting a head


It seems a long time since making the decision to go ahead with commissioning some figures and actually seeing some results. The trouble is other people want to use your sculptor too!

I’ve been clear from the start that I’m in no rush to get the figures produced and while I’m doing it for a bit of fun, other people are trying to make a living out of it, so I genuinely don’t mind if my project takes a little longer. To be honest the project had taken a back seat in my life - my new job is fairly demanding on my time, I leave home at 6 in the morning and get back at 8 at night  - but it's a job, for which I'm incredibly grateful. It pays for my lead. And feeds my children!

Things seem to be moving on with the project now though – seeing the equipment set (last post) really gave me a buzz as the project started to come to life, however it doesn’t compare to seeing pictures of the greens for the first of the head sets which came through this week.

From left to right - Pillbox, Home Service Helmet, Glengarry and Fusilier

My brief to the sculptor was for the faces to have character - I hope you'll agree he's certainly pulled that off!

Don't be put off by the bodies - they're Napoleonic bodies being used to confirm the fit. The puppets for the proper bodies are being sculpted now - I can't wait to see the results - it's like being 9 again on Christmas Eve!



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment